Have you booked your flight tickets with Etihad Airways and need to cancel? With the Etihad cancellation policy, you can do so without worrying about excessive charges in no time. The airline understands the passenger perspective that change is inevitable while flying overseas. Therefore, the airline allows prospective passengers to amend their flight tickets when they don’t want to pass on a determined date.
To assist its passengers in unforeseen circumstances, the airline introduced an updated Etihad cancellation policy to cancel flights without hindrance. Even the policy is designed under the Etihad Covid cancellation policy to make sure that passengers can swiftly make cancellations. To learn more about the Etihad cancellation policy, read the subheadings below.
The Etihad Cancellation Policy
Etihad Flight Cancellation Policy is designed to provide passengers with the most comprehensive protection and flexibility. It allows passengers to cancel their flights 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. Passengers may cancel their flights via the official Etihad Airways web portal, via the customer service number, and directly through the ticket counter at the airport. Before opting for a cancellation, take a quick look at the key pointers below-
- Under the Etihad cancellation policy, all refunds will be credited back to the original form of payment used to purchase the ticket.
- Please note that you will be charged an Etihad cancellation fee if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of your scheduled departure time.
- Additionally, if you purchased a non-refundable ticket, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- The Etihad cancellation policy provides a variety of travel insurance packages that can be purchased to cover additional costs associated with flight cancellations.
- As per the Etihad cancellation policy , cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- If a flight is cancelled by the airline for any reason, Etihad will provide the guest with a full refund of their ticket.
Etihad Airways Cancellation within 24 Hours
Etihad Airways offers its precious flyers the flexibility to cancel within 24 hours of purchase. The airline allows passengers to cancel their tickets within 24 hours of purchase to receive a full refund. But any changes or cancellations after that period may incur additional charges. Here are the key guidelines of Etihad 24 Hour Cancellation policy.
- Etihad 24 Hour Cancellation policy allows customers to cancel their booking within 24 hours of purchase and obtain a full ticket refund.
- To be eligible for a full refund, the customer must cancel their booking within 24 hours of purchase or before the scheduled departure time, whichever is earlier.
- In addition, the customer must not have checked in for their flight or used any part of the ticket before cancellation.
- Eligible customers will be refunded in the form of the original payment method used for the purchase.
- Refunds are not available for tickets purchased through third-party sites or agents.
- If you cancel a flight, the unused portion of the fare can be applied as a credit to be used toward future flights.
- You must contact Etihad Airways to arrange a refund or credit if you cancel your flight tickets and are eligible for a refund.
Etihad Airways Covid cancellation policy
Under the Etihad Covid cancellation policy, while flying overseas. If the flight is cancelled due to government restrictions on pandemic circumstances, you can get a full refund, or the airline will reschedule your flights without incurring extra charges. Here are the key guidelines of Etihad Covid cancellation policy below-
- If you want to make amends and cancel the flight tickets.
- If the flight is cancelled due to overbooking or passenger capacity decline through the government, it impacts separate flyer cancellations.
- The government imposed travel bans due to the pandemic or restrictions on entering the country.
Are you confronting the scenarios mentioned above? Therefore, take a quick look at the Etihad Covid cancellation policy include –
- As per the Etihad cancellation policy, you can make amends on the scheduled departures dates and arrival destination without paying any incurring Etihad Airways cancellation fees.
- If the cabin class you prefer is unavailable, the airline will reschedule the flight in the lower cabin class.
- Under the Etihad cancellation policy, you must pay the additional no-show charges if you cannot catch a flight on the scheduled departure time.
How to cancel a Etihad Airways flight?
Passengers often confront issues while cancelling their flight tickets. To make air travel hassle-free, the airline allows its flyers to opt for cancellation offline and online. The airline makes sure that passengers get the most out of their air travel and make a cancellation in the blink of an eye. Keep scrolling down to understand how to cancel an Etihad Airways flight in no time.
Etihad Airways online ticket cancellation
- To initiate the cancellation process, launch the official website of Etihad Airways.
- Sign in to your Etihad Airways account using your account credentials.
- Once logged in, select the “‘Manage booking” option to view your booked trips.
- You can retrieve the flight you wish to cancel by entering the booking invoice number, e-ticket number or through the registered email.
- Select the trip you wish to cancel and click on the “Cancel” option beside the trip. You can select the particular flight segments if you want to keep your reservation.
- Review the cancellation policy Etihad and the Etihad Airways cancellation fees associated with your ticket.
- After that, the cancellation charges associated with the ticket and refund value will appear on your device screen.
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking on the “Confirm Cancellation” button.
- The airline will send the confirmation email to your registered email addresses.
- Your ticket will be cancelled, and your refund will be processed according to the refund policy.
Etihad Airways ticket cancellation over the Phone call
If online ticket cancellation doesn’t work out for you, then you can call the Etihad Airlines customer service representative for cancellation. The dedicated team of experts available around the clock is pleased to assist passengers. Remember that cancellation fees associated with your flight tickets may apply. Here are the steps to contact an Etihad Airlines customer service representative immediately.
- Dial the Etihad Airways customer service number assigned to your region 1 (877) 690-0767.
- For better communication, select the language you prefer.
- Once the IVR call is connected, carefully listen to the voice prompt and select the option that best fits your needs.
- To get in touch with a customer representative directly, press #.
- After that, your call is connected with an Etihad Airways customer representative. Feel free to share your concern.
- To initiate the cancellation, provide the representative booking invoice number and other relevant information.
- The customer service representative will then check the customer’s eligibility for cancellation based on the ticket fare rules.
- Review the Etihad cancellation policy and fees, and select the option that best fits your needs.
- The customer service representative will process the cancellation and provide you with a confirmation number.
- Ask the representative for a copy of the cancellation confirmation to be emailed or faxed.
Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation Fees
- If a flight is cancelled more than 24 hours before the scheduled departure time, passengers will be charged a cancellation fee. However, the cancellation fee varies depending on the class of travel and the route.
- Under the Etihad cancellation policy, fees for flight cancellation in Economy Class start from $50 for domestic flights and $150 for international flights.
- For Business Class flights, the cancellation fee ranges from $100 for domestic and $200 for international flights.
- The Etihad cancellation fee is waived if a flight is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time. However, passengers will be charged a minimum of $50 for domestic and $150 for international flights.
- Etihad Airways also offers a non-refundable fare option at a cost-effective price. However, the non-refundable fare doesn’t allow the passenger to get any refund for cancellation.
- As per the Etihad cancellation policy, if the request is made after 2 hours of departure, the cancellation charge will be 100 USD for economy class tickets and 200 USD for business class tickets.
- The Etihad cancellation fees for tickets purchased through a travel agent will be the same as mentioned above, plus an additional fee of 25 USD.
Etihad Airlines Refund Policy
- To request a refund, you must submit your request within seven days of the ticket purchase date.
- Refunds are subject to the fare rules for the ticket purchased.
- Unused tickets or partially used tickets may be partially refundable.
- Refunds will be made in accordance with the original form of payment.
- Tickets purchased through Etihad Holidays packages are non-refundable.
- Refunds may take up to 6-8 weeks to process, depending on the bank used to purchase the ticket.
- Refunds may be subject to charges, taxes, and other deductions.
- If you have made a change to your ticket, the fare rules of the original ticket will be used to determine the refund amount.
To figure out the Etihad cancellation policy, check the subheadings mentioned above and follow the instructions. If you’re a frequent flyer but still have a refund issue, contact the airline representative directly by dialing the Etihad Airways customer service line at 1 (877) 690-0767.
Read More Blogs Here:
Etihad cancellation policy – Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel my Etihad flight and get a refund?
Yes, you can cancel your Etihad flight and get a refund. You must contact Etihad Airways directly to make the cancellation and request a refund. The refund amount and process may vary depending on the fare rules associated with your ticket.
How is my Etihad ticket refundable?
You can check your ticket’s refundability by logging into your Etihad account and selecting “My Bookings.” Select the booking you wish to inspect and review the “Fare Rules” section. It will indicate if your ticket is refundable or not.
What happens if my Etihad flight is Cancelled?
If your Etihad flight is canceled, you may be eligible for a full refund or a travel voucher for the ticket’s value. You may also be offered a rebooking to the same destination or an alternate destination of your choice.
How do I apply for the Etihad flight cancellation refund?
You must contact the Etihad Airways customer service representative directly to request a refund. The team of airline representatives is available around the clock and pleased to assist you in an emergency. Once your request is received and processed, you will receive an email confirming your refund.