While heading out on a trip, no one prefers to change travel plans or cancel the scheduled reservation. But change is a part of life, so LATAM Airlines understands it’s quite essential. That’s why the airline dedicated an exceptional LATAM cancellation policy to offer its prospective passenger the flexibility to cancel or make changes in no time without any hindrance.
It also provides flexibility regarding rebooking options, as well as discounts on new tickets or refunds for unused tickets. The airline allows passengers to cancel their flights up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. Undoubtedly, it is especially helpful in cases of emergency or unforeseen circumstances. It can save you a lot of bucks and a bucket full of headaches while assuring different exemplary advantages. Let’s go through the LATAM Cancellation Policy in brief.
Does LATAM have free cancellation?
Yes, LATAM offers free cancellation on select flights under certain conditions. Even LATAM provides generous compensation to passengers affected by flight delays or cancellations. As we know, unforeseen circumstances do not happen with proper notice. It is beneficial if you go through the LATAM Cancellation Policy in advance.
The airline offers its flyers the flexibility to make changes to their travel plans without paying excessive fees. You can even opt for rebooking and refunds depending on the fare type you bought. LATAM Airline strives to ensure that its passengers get the utmost flying experience.
What are the cancellation rules for LATAM?
Can I cancel my ticket purchase? Yes, you can easily cancel or make amendments to your reservation without any hindrance. If you have already reserved a flight with LATAM Airlines and cannot make it for unexpected circumstances, check out the LATAM Cancellation Policy rules.
- Under the LATAM cancellation policy, the cancellation rules depend on the fare type you bought. In general, if you make amendments to your travel plans, you’ll be subject to a fee and any fare difference.
- The refundable or non-refundable tickets purchased directly from LATAM, certain rules apply:
- Non-refundable tickets are not refundable after the flight has departed and cannot be changed or cancelled.
- Refundable tickets can be changed or cancelled without incurring fees up to 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. Any changes or cancellations after 24 hours will be subject to a fee and fare difference.
- The cancellation rules for tickets bought through a travel agency will depend on the specific terms & conditions and the travel agency’s policies. It is recommended to check with the travel agency for better insight.
- Sometimes, the airline may offer special promotions and discounted fares with different LATAM cancellation policy guidelines. Passengers should read the terms & conditions of these fares carefully before making a final reservation.
Can you cancel a LATAM flight within 24 hours?
Yes, LATAM allows customers to cancel their flights within 24 hours of purchase without incurring any charges. The airline understands that unforeseen situations catch flyers unprepared, and they’ll eventually choose to bend their travel plans. However, LATAM Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy is helpful in these situations.
LATAM Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy allows travellers to cancel their tickets up to 24 hours after reservation without incurring any cancellation fees. If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase, the ticket will be fully refunded. Remember that if you cancel after 24 hours, the ticket will be subject to the standard cancellation fees.
How much does it cost to cancel a flight in Latam?
The cost of cancelling a flight with Latam varies depending on the type of ticket purchased. Generally, you will be charged a penalty fee of between $50 and $150, plus any difference in fare between the original ticket and any subsequent flights.
However, if the ticket is Cancelled exceeding the specified duration, LATAM Airlines Cancellation Fee will be charged. Furthermore, the cancellation charges depend on whether you fly domestically or Internationally. Once you finish the LATAM Flight Cancellation procedure, the cancellation charges will be subtracted from the original fares.
Under the LATAM cancellation policy, the airline cancellation fee depends on the class type purchased and ticket type.
– Refundable fare tickets: Full refund minus a $50 administrative fee
– Non-refundable fare tickets: No refund
– Refundable fare tickets: Full refund minus a $100 administrative fee
– Non-refundable fare tickets: No refund
What is LATAM refund policy?
Do you wish to get a refund on LATAM Airlines? If you finished the cancellation procedure, you could directly request a refund. Under the LATAM Refund Policy, the airline will decide if you’re eligible for reimbursement. After that, the airline will charge a service or any applicable cancellation fee, and the remaining payment will be credited. Refers refunds are typically processed within 10 business days of receiving the request, although the actual time frame may vary depending on the fare type.
How do I get a refund from LATAM airlines?
While opting for a LATAM refund, the passenger might wonder where I can request a ticket refund. To request a LATAM flight refund, dial the LATAM customer service number at 1 (866) 435-9526. You can also submit a request for a refund through the LATAM website. Click on the My trips link on the website. After that new interface opens there, you can check the requirements to make the refund. If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency, you must contact them directly to request a refund.
How do I cancel my trip on LATAM online?
Yes, you can cancel your trip on LATAM online. The airline offers both online and offline modes to opt for LATAM cancellation. If you’re in a hurry and looking for the swiftest way to cancel, you should choose LATAM Flight Online. To learn about the proper steps, keep reading the key pointers below.
- Launch the airline’s official website on your device to initiate the LATAM cancellation procedure.
- Enter your details, registered email, and password to sign in to your account.
- After signing in to your account, select the “My Trips” tab, and locate the trip you wish to cancel.
- Fill out the necessary booking-related information, such as the reservation invoice reference number.
- Prior to moving forward, check out the information about the cancellation.
- After that, select the “Cancel” option next to the trip.
- Once the cancellation is finished, you will receive a cancellation confirmation email.
- Submit the refund request with the necessary details.
- After that, you will receive an email confirming the cancellation and the refund amount.
How to cancel a flight in LATAM offline?
If opting for LATAM online cancellation doesn’t work out for you due to some technical error, you can opt for offline mode by contacting the LATAM customer representative. To opt for cancellation offline, dial the LATAM customer service phone number and get in touch with a representative. You can even opt for LATAM flight cancellation at the Airport.
Steps to speak with Latam representative for cancellation
- Contact the LATAM customer service team for help cancelling your ticket.
- You can reach the LATAM customer representative by calling +1 866 435 9526 from the US.
- Choose the preferred language as per your region.
- Once the IVR call is connected, carefully listen to the voice prompt and choose the option that best suits you.
- To speak directly with a LATAM customer representative, press 1.
- Explain to the customer service representative the reason for cancelling and ask for the best way to proceed with a refund.
- Follow the instructions given by the representative to cancel your ticket.
- Once your ticket is cancelled, ask the representative to confirm the cancellation and request a refund.
- If you need further assistance, contact Latam’s customer service team again.
If, for any unforeseen reason, you’re still facing an issue with the LATAM cancellation policy, contact the LATAM customer service phone number for further assistance.