Traveling alone is an adventure for young travelers, and parents know the challenges of sending a child alone on a trip. Fortunately, booking flights for minors with Volaris is a simple process for safe unaccompanied minor travel. All you need to do is familiarize yourself with the guidelines and rules related to booking flights for children. Volaris unaccompanied minor Policy assures that travel for minors is not only safe but also budget-friendly.
Does Volaris Allow Unaccompanied Minors on Flights?
Indeed, Volaris Air permits unaccompanied minors to travel on their flights. Minors can access special services while they travel alone. The airline strictly follows specific conditions for the safety and welfare of these young travelers. The guardians need to fill out an Unaccompanied Minor form carefully. You must fill out and sign a form at the airport during the check-in process. Volaris offers limited services for unsupervised minors; the guardians should refer to the website or directly contact their customer service for more details.
Guide to Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Policy:
It is important to understand that Volaris minor policy is applicable only to youngsters aged between 5 and 12 who are traveling alone. Please keep these guidelines in mind before booking a ticket for your child:
- Unaccompanied minors are the children of ages between 5 and 12 traveling alone.
- You must contact customer service and confirm your reservation at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
- Volaris offers a limited number of seats on each aircraft for their unaccompanied minor service.
- Children aged 2 to 4 can use Volaris’ unaccompanied minor service only if they are along with a family member aged between 13 and 17. In such cases, both individuals are considered unaccompanied children, and both must use the unaccompanied minor service.
What is the Volaris Unaccompanied Minor booking process?
If you are thinking of booking a flight through the Volaris unaccompanied minor program, here is how you can do it online. Follow these steps to request a flight as part of the Volaris Air program for minors traveling alone:
- Visit the official Volaris Air website.
- Provide details such as your departure and arrival cities, travel dates, and the number of passengers, which should include the unaccompanied minor.
- Then, review the available flight options that align with your travel preferences.
- Input the necessary information about the unaccompanied minor, which includes their full name, age, and date of birth.
- Further, proceed to make the payment for the flight with Volaris Air for the unaccompanied minor.
- Following the payment, you will receive a confirmation email containing your itinerary and related details.
Volaris Unaccompanied Minor Policy Rules and Restrictions:
For safety considerations, children who are under the age of 15 are prohibited from occupying emergency exit seats. Additionally:
- Unaccompanied minors must have a minimum two-hour gap between flights but no more than four hours.
- Unaccompanied minors cannot travel on codeshare flights.
- The Pet-On-Board service is not available to minors traveling alone.
- Unaccompanied minors receiving medical care are not eligible for travel.
- Furthermore, minors with chronic illnesses, physical or mental impairments, or disabilities that hinder their self-care abilities cannot fly unaccompanied.
Required Documents for Minor Traveling Alone
Parents or legal guardians are required to submit three sets of the following documents. These documents must be presented during check-in. The documents should be provided three hours prior to the scheduled flight:
- Unaccompanied Minor form will be provided by a Volaris staff member at the airport during check-in.
- Official ID or passport of the parents or legal guardian.
- ID, passport, or birth certificate of the unaccompanied minor.
- Minor Exit Form.
- A notarized document that permits the child’s departure and defines the means of transportation, the travel destination, and the date of the trip.
If you completely follow Volaris Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, you can guarantee a secure and hassle-free travel experience for your unaccompanied child on Volaris. When considering booking a Volaris flight for your child traveling alone, Please read the guidelines mentioned above to ensure your child’s trip is both secure and pleasant.