Have you booked your flight tickets with Icelandair? Did you know once a wise man said, be prepared in advance for any consequences you’ll encounter? However, clever flyers are always ready for any circumstances and always go through the Icelandair cancellation policy before making a final reservation.
If you’re not a frequent flyer of Icelandair and due to some unexpected situation, you’ll no longer catch a flight. But after spending a large sum of fortune on air travel, you wish to get a refund. To learn more about the Icelandair cancellation policy and Icelandair refund policy, keep reading the subheadings mentioned below.
What is Icelandair cancellation policy?
Icelandair’s cancellation policy allows customers to cancel their reservations up to 24 hours prior to their flight’s scheduled departure without incurring any additional charges. However, the customer will be charged a cancellation fee if the flight is cancelled within 24 hours of release. The major aspect of Icelandair cancellation policy includes its flexibility. It allows you to amend or cancel your flights without any fees as long as they do so 24 hours before departure. Remember that if you’re unable to cancel 24 hours before your flight’s release, you’re not eligible to apply for a refund.
Icelandair Cancellation Policy Term & Conditions
As we know pandemic impacts the overall tourism industry, and it taught us the importance of being prepared for anything. In response to the pandemic, the airline introduced Icelandair covid cancellation policy. But after three years of travel disturbances, the airline has updated its Icelandair cancellation policy to make air travel flexible and convenient. Read the following terms and conditions apply to Icelandair cancellation policy:
- As per the Icelandair cancellation policy, you can opt for cancellation up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. However, Icelandair cancellation fees will apply, and the refund amount will depend on the fare purchased.
- You can even cancel your flight tickets at the airport. The cancellation fee will be waived in this case, but the refund amount will be based on the fare purchased.
- Under the Icelandair Cancellation Policy, cancellations made within 24 hours of departure are considered “no-show,” and no refund will be issued.
- If passengers need to change their flight, they must do so at least 24 hours before departure. If the change is made within 24 hours of release, the ticket will be considered cancelled, and no refund will be issued.
- Icelandair will waive the cancellation fees if you need to cancel or change your flight due to a medical emergency. However, you must have to provide proof of the medical emergency to receive the waiver.
- Under the Icelandair Cancellation Policy, In case of a flight cancellation due to Icelandair, passengers may be eligible for refunds or rebooking options.
Does Icelandair have a 24 hour cancellation policy?
The airline offers its prospective passenger exceptional Icelandair Cancellation Policy. But the airline does not have a 24 hour cancellation policy. The airline requires passengers to cancel their tickets within 24 hours of purchase to receive a full refund, but any changes or cancellations after that period may incur additional charges.
What happens if you cancel an Icelandair refundable flight?
Under the Icelandair Cancellation policy, if you purchase a refundable ticket with Icelandair, you may cancel your flight within 24 hours of making the reservation and receive a full refund. Refund is only available for the tickets reserved on the official site of Icelandair. Passengers can also avail of other benefits under the Icelandair cancellation policy.
What happens if you cancel an Icelandair non-refundable flight?
Icelandair Cancellation Policy allows passengers to cancel their nonrefundable tickets within 24 hours of purchase without incurring extra charges. If a passenger cancels their reservation after 24 hours, you must pay the cancellation fees depending on the fare type and arriving destination.
It is important to note that this policy does not apply to tickets purchased more than 7 days before departure or as part of a group or promotional discount. In these cases, the fare rules for the ticket purchased will still apply.
Is there an Icelandair cancellation fee for cancelling flights?
Icelandair cancellation fees depend on several factors, including the fare type, time of cancellation, and ticket purchase method. To get deep insights into Icelandair cancellation policy, then keep reading the key pointers below.
As per the Icelandair cancellation policy, if you cancel your ticket more than 24 hours before departure you will be charged a cancellation fee.
Economy Class: The cancellation fee is €40 per person.
Economy Comfort: The cancellation fee is €50 per person.
Business Class: The cancellation fee is €100 per person.
Saga Class: The cancellation fee is €150 per person.
As per the Icelandair Cancellation Policy, if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of departure you will be charged a cancellation fee.
Economy Class: The cancellation fee is €100 per person.
Economy Comfort: The cancellation fee is € 150 per person.
Business Class: The cancellation fee is €200 per person.
Saga Class: The cancellation fee is €250 per person.
How to Cancel the Icelandair Flight?
Cancel Icelandair flight online
- To cancel Icelandair flights online, launch the official website of Icelandair.
- Click on the “Manage Bookings” section of the website and enter the necessary details, such as the booking number or other relevant information.
- Once you’ve selected the reservation you wish to cancel, click on the cancellation option.
- After that, a new interface about the Icelandair cancellation policy and any applicable fees will open. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions.
- Click on the “Cancel Flight” option and follow the on-screen instructions. It’ll initiate the cancellation process.
- Enter the required information and confirm your cancellation. Once you confirm, your flight will be cancelled, and the appropriate refund will be issued.
- The confirmation email is sent to your registered email, print or save the cancellation confirmation for your records.
Cancel flight via Icelandair customer service number
- To cancel your Icelandair flight, contact the customer representative by dialling Icelandair customer service at +1 (800) 223-5500.
- Once the IVR call is connected carefully, listen to the voice prompt and select the option that best fits your needs.
- For flight information and booking, press 1.
- For ticket changes, press 2.
- For customer service, press 3.
- For baggage information, press 4.
- To speak with the customer representative directly, press 5.
- After that, your call is directly connected with the customer representative. Feel free to share your concern about the cancellation.
- Provide your reservation information to the customer representative.
- You will then be asked to provide a reason for the cancellation.
- After that, fill in your payment details with the customer service representative.
- Request a refund for the flight cancellation
- Request a cancellation confirmation number from the customer service representative.
- Make a note of the cancellation confirmation number for your records.
How do I know if my Icelandair cancelled flights are refundable?
If your Icelandair flight is cancelled, you will be notified via email and text message. You can also check the status of your flight on the Icelandair website or app. After confirmation that your flight has been cancelled, you can request a refund from their customer service team. You can also view your booking online to check Icelandair Cancellation Policy and Icelandair refund policy.
Hopefully, the details mentioned above are helpful for you, even if you need further assistance regarding Icelandair Cancellation Policy. In that case, you can get in touch with the customer representative by dialling the Icelandair customer service number—The Icelandair support team will assist you and provide you with the most satisfactory solution.