It gets quite irritating and troublesome when one has to make changes or cancel their scheduled itinerary. However, if you have made your flight booking with Singapore airlines, things get easier for you. Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy allows customers to cancel their flight for free within 24 hours of booking.
Therefore with such customer-friendly features, including easy booking and convenient check-in processes, Singapore has achieved miles. When it comes to some of the best carriers in the aviation industry, Skytrax has positioned first.
Similarly, the process to withdraw the flight booking is as easy as booking one. The below give section introduces you to an answer to how to cancel a Singapore flight.
How can I cancel my Singapore Airlines flight?
As almost all the major airlines provide different methods to terminate their booking, Singapore airlines do the same. You can follow any of the below-given methods for quickly canceling your Singapore flight:
Method 1:Singapore Onine flight cancellation
- Visit the Singapore official site.
- Then, go to the ‘Manage booking’ section.
- Now, enter the booking reference number and the last be of the passenger to access the flight you need to cancel.
- After that, select the fight that you have terminated.
- Furthermore, review the booking.
- Then, click on the cancel button.
- Finally, click on the submit button, and your flight is cancelled.
Method 2: Singapore flight cancellation via call:
- Dial the Singapore airlines cancellation number, 1800-742-3333, if you wish to cancel your flight quickly and easily.
- Now, listen to the IVR options and follow the instructions.
- After geting in toush with the live person at Singapore airlines, you can share your flight details.
- So, you will have to share the flight booking number and the last name of the passenger.
- The airline person will look for your flight and its eligibility for cancellation.
- Then, he will brief you about it and ask for confirmation to cancel it.
- Once you confirm, your flight is canceled.
Finally, you have to check for the confirmation mail in your registered mail with the airline. If you have not received any update from the airline, you must contact the Singapore airlines customer service team.
What is Singapore Airline’s Cancellation Policy?
Customers can effortlessly cancel their flights with Singapore airlines with the above-mentioned methods. But they need to learn the Singapore airline cancellation policy to avoid any kind of inconvenience at the time of cancellation:
- Singapore allows customers to cancel their flights only when they have bought them from the official body of the airline.
- Also, suppose you have booked several tickets for a single trip, but a part of them has been used, and others are unused. In such cases, you can cancel the remaining flights. However, there might be some conditions applied depending on the flight fare and type.
- If you are a traveler in Italy, you might find the cancellations to be different.
Singapore Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy
The 24-hour cancellation policy is suitable for those customers who decide to cancel the flight on the same day of booking. Also, passengers who are thinking about how to cancel their flight for free can follow this feature offered by Singapore airlines.
Here are the details of this policy:
- According to Singapore airlines 24 hour cancellation policy, customers can cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking at no extra cost.
- However, you must ensure that you have bought the ticket at least one week (7 days) before the flight departure.
- Moreover, you must have bought the ticket from the official site of the airline.
If you fail to cancel your booking within 24 hours, immediately talk to the Singapore airlines live person for help.
Key Points on Singapore airlines refund policy:
If you are thinking of canceling your Singapore, you must have an idea about the refund policy of the airline. With this, you might not lose any money while making cancellations. Here are the major points:
- If you wish to get a complete refund for canceling the flight, make sure that you withdraw your booking within 24 hours of booking.
- In addition to that, your booking must be made at least one week before flight departure.
- After 24 hours have passed, you cannot get the full refund
- Also, to get a refund, you must cancel your ticket through the official site of the airline.
- According to the Singapore airlines refund policy, if you have exceeded the free cancellation period and you have a non-refundable flight, you will get only the tax amount as a refund.
- If you have bought discounted tickets using promo codes, you will not get any refund for them.
- The refund amount depends on certain factors, such as ticket class, destinations, and the days left on flight departure.
- You will receive the refund on a credit or debit card, depending on what you have used at the time of booking.
All these are major points that come under the refund policy of Singapore airlines.
How to apply for a flight refund with Singapore Airlines?
Now that you know all about the refund policy of the airline, you must head to learn how to request a refund from Singapore Airlines. Follow the below-given method to collect your refund:
- Visit the Singapore official site.
- Go to the Manage booking option.
- Then, enter the flight booking number to acces the flight for cancellation.
- Select the flight and click on the cancel button.
- Now, your flight has been canceled.
- Furthermore, you have to click on the refund tab.
- After that, fill out the refund form carefully.
- Finally, you can click on the submit button.
Once you complete the process, the airline sends you a link via mail to your registered mail id. You can track the refund status.
How much do I need to pay for the Singapore flight cancellation?
If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking, then you do not have to pay any Singapore flight cancellation fee. Otherwise, you have to pay the flight cancellation fee on exceeding the 24-hour free cancellation period.
Economic class cancellation fees
- Passengers cannot cancel the non-refundable economy flight.
- However, they can cancel the refundable ticket by paying upto $250 as a cancelation fee.
- The no-show fee ranges from $250 to $350.
Premium economy cancellation fees:
- To cancel your premium ticket before departure, you need to pay around $200.
- And the no-show fee varies from $150 to $250.
Business Class Cancellation Fees:
- Pay a cancellation fee of around $300 if you wish to cancel the Business Saver D class fare.
- The No-show fee ranges from $ 150 – $ 250
Therefore, this was the cancellation fee structure of the airline.
Singapore flight cancellation compensation:
Moreover, there are possibilities that the airline can cancel the flight due to uncertain reasons such as weather, political, technical, or nature-related problems. In such a situation, the airline offers you to put on another flight. If not, you will be given a refund.
- However, there might be some exceptional circumstances where the airline will not give any compensation.
- For example, if the airline has informed you about the flight cancellation between 7 to 13 days before the flight departure, the airline is not liable for compensation.
Moreover, to provide you with help in emergencies, Singapore airlines is always ready 24*7. You just need to reach out to the talk to a live person at Singapore customer service team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Singapore Air have a 24-hour cancellation policy?
Yes. Singapore airlines allow customers to cancel their flight without paying any penalty if they cancel it within 24 hours of booking.
When will I get a refund from Singapore Airlines?
Tickets booked with cash will get a refund within 10 working days. On the other hand, if you have booked your Singapore flight with a cheque, then the airline takes 20 days for a refund after cancellation.