iHave you entered your name incorrectly on the Volaris flight ticket? And now you need help to change it? If this is the case, then you must not worry anymore because the underlying information on Volaris name change will instruct you well on what you need to do in such a situation.
Volaris airlines is one of the most customer-friendly air carriers that offer international and domestic trips to customers at the most cheaper rates possible. Moreover, it has super easy-to-follow policies when it comes to its services, including a name change.
So, if you have to modify the passenger’s name on the Volrais ticket, make sure that you make corrections within 24 hours of flight booking. However, to learn everything about the name correction policy of Volaris airlines, you can read this blog carefully.
How do I Change my Name on Volaris Airlines Ticket?
It is mandatory that the passengers have their names correctly mentioned on their flight tickets. However, if you have made any error, then Volaris airlines allow customers to change their name so that it matches the government-issued ids. Here are the details to be kept in mind:
- As per the volaris change name policy, the airline can deny you boarding if your name on the boarding pass appears to be different from the government-issued photo ID.
- For a free name change, the customers need to make name corrections within 24 hours of booking.
- However, after exceeding this free name change window period, you have to pay extra charges.
- Volaris change fee depends on different factors such as the fare type, flight route, and the time period left in flight departure.
Now that you know that Volaris allows name correction. However, there are some more important guidelines that the passenger must be aware of. Find out them in the section below.
Important Guidelines on Volaris Name Change:
If you wish for a hassle-free check-in and boarding, ensure that your name on the ticket and on your identity card match. If not so, the airline holds the right to cancel your flight.
- Passengers can make corrections in their first, last, and middle names.
- Ensure to recheck your name and other details on the flight ticket while booking it.
- Also, you can change the name on the flight ticket in case you have got married or divorced. However, for such cases, you need to present the supporting documents to the airline.
- Moreover, under the Volaris name change policy, you can modify the passenger’s name. And you cannot change the passenger under this policy.
With the above-mentioned points, any passenger can avoid confusion while making a name change. If you have any difficulty understanding it, you can contact the Volaris airlines customer service team for help.
How to change or correct the name on the Volaris ticket?
Customers have various options to go with for changing their name on the flight ticket. In the sections below, we have mentioned all the possible methods for the Volaris change name on ticket.
Steps to Change name on Volaris ticket online:
After you have booked your ticket, you can anytime change your name on Volaris online. Just follow the below-given steps:
- First, visit the Voaris airlines official site.
- After that, you must visit the MY trip section.
- Then, enter the last name of the passenger and the booking number to access th flight that requires a name change.
- Now, click on the Edit button.
- Next, you have to pay the fee, if needed.
Finally, the airlines will send you a confirmation mail updating you about the name modification on th flight ticket.
Change name on Volaris ticket via call:
If the online method does not suit you, you can directly speak to the live person at Volaris or name change. Here are the steps you need to follow for the name change over the phone:
- Dial the Volaris airlines customers service phone number 1-855-865-2747 if you need to make name changes/corrections on the Volaris ticket.
- Now, listen carefully and follow the on-call voice menu.
- Then, as soon as you are able to talk to the Volaris live person, request them to change your name on the ticket.
- After that, you need to pay the fee.
At last, do not forget to check your mail inbox to confirm that you have received an update regarding the name change.
Change name on Volaris ticket via mail:
Customers are free to contact the customer service team of Volaris Airlines via mail for a to change. While composing an email, you must ensure mentioning your query clearly. Also, mention your last name and the flight booking number.
However, you cannot expect an immediate revert from the airline. But, the moment any of the agents will receive your request, they will provide you with an easy-to-go with solution for a name change.
Change name on Volaris ticket at the Airport:
The last option to change the name on the Volaris flight ticket is to do it at the airport. Go to your nearest airport and reach out to the Volaris airlines executive preset there. Request them for a name change.
After verifying the documents, they will proceed with the name change. Again, check for the confirmation mail from the airline.
How much does Volaris charge to change a name on Ticket?
If you are wondering about the Volaris name change fee, then you can find the necessary instructions at the following points:
- Within 24 hours of booking, you can change your name for free.
- After that, you have to pay charges ranging from $0 to $400.
- However, the exact name change fee depends on the route, ticket type, and the time left for the departure.
If you wish to know how much exactly you have to pay for the modifying name, contact the airlines by calling on the Volaris airlines phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my nme on the flight ticket?
Usually, airlines allow for minor name corrections or changes on flight tickets. This includes fixing a typo or making name corrections to match the legal name of the passenger.
Does Volaris charge name correction?
Yes. Customers need to pay charges ranging from $0 to $400 for a name change. They can change their name upto 4 characters in their first name, middle name, and last name.