Easy to Book Tickets
Business Tour Packages
Trust & Safety
Less stress, more fun!
Traveling with your children can be a thrilling but an unpredictable experience. Your family’s safety is the prior concern of United Airlines, thus making air travel easy and convenient for your family. Fly with your kids, and have an unforgettable experience with United Airlines. United offers several services for the people who are traveling with their children. Avail all the amenities of the airline and reach the final destination without any ado.
Before starting your journey with your kids, make sure to go through the policies of United Airlines to have a pleasant, smooth, and comfortable journey. These rules and policies are only made for passengers’ ease.
Ticketing When Traveling With Children – United Airlines
- Infants who are younger than two years can travel without a ticket if they are traveling within Puerto Rico, U.S., and U.S. Virgin Islands. These lap kids can travel for free.
- Infants who are traveling internationally are required to purchase an appropriate flight ticket. While you are purchasing your ticket, you are required to indicate that you are flying with your kid, regardless of your destination. Infants under the age of two will not acquire a seat.
- Infants above two years are required to occupy a seat and to have a purchased ticket.
Family seating arrangement
United Airlines tries its best to allot the seat to children under 15 years with an adult member of the family.
- United recommends its passengers to book flight tickets in advance so that they can have seat assignment as per their choice. Select your seat while making a reservation so that you can sit with your child.
- Passengers can select their seat through the official site of the airline, mobile app of the United Airlines, or your travel agent.
- You may have to pay some extra amount on seat selection based on the fare class you choose.
- If you don’t select seats while reserving your ticket, United will try its best to find an adjoining seat for your family members. United Airlines strives to provide excellent services to its customers.
United offers a limited number of bassinets on international aircraft only. Bassinets are large in size that can hold an infant of 10 kg or 22 pounds. These bassinets are available on some selected aircraft.
Passengers can request a bassinet by connecting the United Airlines customer service number. The airline will provide an adjoining seat to the adult member of the family traveling with an infant. Bassinets are limited in number, that’s why it is highly suggested to request bassinet early for your flight.
United Airlines offers several facilities for nursing mothers. They are allowed to breastfeed their kids. Dedicated nursing spaces have been made available for the convenience of mothers and their children. Use airport maps to locate the available nursing spaces.
Bring a manual or battery-operated breast pump if you are traveling with an infant. Mothers are allowed to carry milk and breast pumps onboard in addition to the one personal item and one carry-on bag. Mothers can breastfeed in a lavatory or from their seats. You are not allowed to pump in the aircraft galley areas due to the unpredictability of turbulence. Flight attendants will provide you ice to keep pumped milk fresh while onboard, but they are not allowed to store items such as formula or milk.
Strollers and wagons
In addition to your normal baggage allowance, folding wagons and strollers will be checked to your final destination free of cost.
- Feel free to use the child’s folding wagon or stroller throughout the airport, but these must be checked at the airport.
- You can bring a compact folding stroller onboard in addition to the carry-on and personal item. Place the stroller either under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bin.
- If the infant’s stroller doesn’t fit the given space, it must be checked at the gate. Agents of the airline will give it to you at your destination.
- Non-folding wagons and strollers can’t be checked at the airport, check these items at the check-in counter.
United Airlines features several onboard services to facilitate children.
- On most United flights, a kids snack box is available to purchase if your flight is of more than 1.5 hours duration.
- Passengers are also advised to bring snacks for their babies.
- You can also request ice or hot water from the flight attendants so that you can keep your kid’s item hot or cold during the flight.
- On some selected aircraft of United Airlines, changing tables are available.
- Attentive flight attendants will fulfil all your needs and will direct you to the proper lavatory if needed.
Tips for flying with children
- Carry some items for your kids while onboard, such as colouring books, small toys, and story books. You can also carry a tablet or phone with downloaded games to keep your child entertained during the flight.
- While your flight is taking off or landing, give your children something to drink or eat. This may help in alleviating the ear pain caused by the cabin pressure.
Make sure you are carrying enough diapers, food, and other important supplies of your child, which you can use at the airport or in the flight. You are suggested to carry the extra amount of everything to avoid a hassle in flight delays or travel interruptions.
Other Useful Links