Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy: Terminate your bookings with Ease
Sudden situations can happen at any time. And no one can predict such events. Therefore, you must always have a backup plan, especially when you travel from one place to another on a Turkish Airlines flight. If you purchased a Turkish Airlines ticket for your journey but now wish to cancel it due to some unavoidable circumstances, then you can do it easily. Thanks to the flexible and passenger-friendly Turkish Airlines cancellation policy and Turkish Airlines ticket cancellation policy. To learn more, keep reading.
24 hours Turkish Airlines flight cancellation policy
Turkish Airlines allows you to cancel flights for free between 24 hours of booking. Also, such cancellations are eligible for a full refund. You don’t need to pay anything. Turkish Airlines will allow you to cancel your ticket without asking for a cent. Besides, the airline vows to provide better convenience to all users.
For instance, if your ticket isn’t issued for departure yet, you can easily get a full refund according to the 24 hour cancellation policy Turkish Airlines. Passengers must cancel their ticket between 24 hours of their initial purchase. And, the scheduled departure time of the flight must be after seven days or more. Both non-refundable and refundable passengers can cancel their tickets within 24 hours before departure and get a full refund. To learn more about Turkish Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, you can call Turkish Airlines’ cancellation phone number.
Canceling a Nonrefundable fare
The airline does not allow you to cancel non-refundable fares for a refund. However, supporting normal circumstances, if you have a non-refundable ticket, the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy will require you to pay a cancellation fee. However, in some cases, you may be eligible for cancellation and a full refund.
As per the Turkish Airlines refund policy, you get a full refund in the following cases:
- You purchased a ticket to and from the United States, and:
- You cancel within 24 hours, and
- You bought from an OTA in the United States, and
- If the passenger had bought it at least seven days before departure.
- The flight has been canceled.
- You rescheduled the flight, which will cause you to miss the connecting flight.
- Your flight has been delayed for more than 5 hours.
- You have a refundable ticket.
- Your co-passenger or close relative died.
- You are denied boarding.
- Emergencies, such as COVID-19 circumstances.
Turkish Airlines ticket cancellation fees
Turkish Airlines has prepared a form regarding Turkish Airlines cancellation fees based on your fare. Suppose you hold an economy class promotional fare with your Turkish Airlines booking. And you do not meet any refund conditions. In that case, the economy class promotional fare is non-refundable. Passengers who hold economy class restricted fare bookings, economy class flexible fares, and business promotion tickets will not be refunded if they cancel their reservations.
Moreover, as per the Turkish Airlines business class cancellation policy, Passengers holding Business Restricted fare tickets are required to pay 400 US dollars for refunds. For passengers with flexible fare tickets, fortunately, Turkish Airlines will not charge you cancellation fees.
How to Cancel a Turkish Airlines Flight?
If you wish to cancel a Turkish Airlines booking, the airline’s policy provides you with multiple methods. Turkish Airlines booking cancellation methods are as follows:
- Official Turkish Airline’s Website
- Calling Turkish Airlines
- Official Mobile Application
- Airport Ticket Counter
- Airline’s ticketing office
Passengers are free to choose any of the available methods based on their type of booking and what sounds convenient to them.
Now, when you are completely familiar with the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy. Here’s a brief explanation of how a passenger can cancel their flight booking on the Turkish Airlines website.
Steps to Turkish Airlines flight Cancellation online
- Firstly, enter the official website of Turkish Airlines and navigate their homepage to find the My Bookings or My Trips option.
- Next, enter this tab and log in using your flight details or account credentials.
- Here, you’ll see the option to view your bookings. Further, you can select which one you wish to change or cancel.
- If you change your mind, you can simply use the Turkish Airlines flight change option and change your flight, otherwise proceed with the cancellation.
- On the new page, enter your booking ID and the ticketed passenger’s last name to retrieve the booking.
- Click the “Cancel Button” and proceed.
- The airline will notify you over the mail or phone number about your flight cancellation confirmation.
If you are eligible for a refund, the airline will send you the amount to your original payment form within seven to ten business days. Moreover, you can also use the official mobile app to cancel your flight booking. The best way will be using the 24 hour cancellation policy Turkish Airlines. However, you can still expect the best from the airline as it offers several alternatives.
Related Post Quick Links: