Are you thinking of how to get a refund from Spirit Airlines? If yes, then avail its incredible services to get the refund of your canceled flight in no time.
Spirit Airlines is an ultra-low flag carrier based in the United States, having its headquarters in Florida. It serves flights to 77 routes with the Caribbean, Central America, South America, and the United States. Besides its low-fare tickets, the airline is widely famous for its generous and dedicated customer care services. After canceling your Spirit Airlines tickets, request a full refund by filing an online form available on its official site. Eligible customers can contact the flight representative and apply for a refund via a phone call.
Before applying for a refund, let’s first talk about the Spirit Airlines refund policy requirements.
What is Spirit Airlines refund policy?
Spirit Airlines understands that travel plans are not permanent and may change with time and critical situations. If you are willing to cancel your tickets, go through the significant points on the cancellation and refund policy.
- As per the Spirit Airlines ticket refund policy, you can claim a refund if the airline fails to meet your desired seating requirements.
- If your scheduled flight is delayed for two or more hours, you are eligible to get a refund.
- For canceling a basic and flex ticket, the airline initiates a refund in travel credit. Flyers can use the value to book Spirit Airlines tickets in the future and share with other members.
- If you have used a portion of your reservation, the refund will equal the new segment.
- When you cancel a flight reservation within 24 hours of the purchase, you are eligible to claim a full refund. However, after the grace period, the airline deducts the cancellation fee and transfers the remaining amount on canceling a ticket.
- Flyers can also opt for Spirit Airlines change flight option within 24 to 1 hour before the scheduled flight departure.
How long does it take to claim a refund on Spirit Airlines?
The time to get a refund of your canceled Spirit Airlines tickets depends on your original payment mode. For instance, canceling a booking made with net banking or credit/debit card takes a little less time. At the same time, tickets purchased via cash or cheque take more time. Once the cancellation request is accepted, it will take at least 15 to 20 working days to initiate a refund. Passengers can talk to the live person to check their refund status and seek assistance when required.
What is the process for requesting a refund on Spirit Airlines?
Passengers can fulfill their travel requirements and upgrade their bookings using the Manage My Trips feature. You can get your refund depending on the conditions of the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy.
Here are the following steps that you need to follow online to request a refund of your canceled flight –
- First, go to the airline’s official site on your web browser.
- Now search for their helping page.
- You will find the submit ticket section, click on it, and press continue.
- Fill in your last name and other flight details on the specific columns.
- After following the online instructions, click on the submit button. Send your ticket so that the airline can initiate a refund.
Flyers can also send their refund request by availing the phone call service. After getting in contact with the executive, request him to initiate a refund on your behalf. The concerned person will ask you about your flight details and tell you when to expect the refund.
When can I expect a refund from Spirit Airlines?
There can be many factors that decide the eligibility of getting a refund for your canceled flights. Flyers can get a refund if they fall in any of these categories.
- If you have canceled your Spirit Airlines tickets within seven to one month before the scheduled flight departure.
- When the flight cancellation is made by the airline due to unavoidable circumstances.
- You can get a refund for canceling a premium flight ticket after the risk-free period.