Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy & Cancel Flights +1-860-579-6800
Spirit Airlines offers passengers easy flight booking and cancellation options irrespective of their travel class and ticket fares. It is quite frustrating and time-consuming to cancel a scheduled flight due to unavoidable circumstances. Therefore, the airline ensures to provide complete flexibility to the passengers and help them customize their booking in the best possible manner.
The ‘Manage My Booking’ feature available on the airline’s official site offers risk-free cancellations and additional services like seat reservation. You can follow the online instructions and cancel your ticket within a few clicks. Once you cancel your Spirit Airlines Reservations, request a full refund by filing an online form available on its site. Otherwise, speak to one of the flight executives and ask him to cancel your reservation on your behalf.
Guidelines on the Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
Passengers can cancel a scheduled flight ticket as per the Spirit Airline 24 hour cancellation policy without paying the penalty. However, you have to pay the additional charges when you cancel a ticket after the 24-hour policy.
Here are a few things that a flyer must know when applying for flight cancellation.
- There is no fee for canceling a ticket within 24 hours of booking. However, you have to pay 90 USD to 110 USD to cancel a ticket after the grace period.
- If Spirit Airlines cancels your ticket due to any immediate causes, no cancellation fees shall apply on flight cancellations.
- For same-day cancellations, the airline will grant free accommodations to travelers.
- As per Spirit Airlines flight cancellation policy, there are no free cancellations of non-refundable tickets. The airline will deduct the cancellation fee and service tax and transfer the remaining amount to the original payment mode.
- If you have purchased your tickets from unauthorized sources, then you have to deal directly with them. The airline will have nothing to do with your request.
- There is no penalty for canceling Spirit Airlines tickets due to medical emergencies, passport theft, death, government or military orders.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy Covid
In accordance with Spirit Airlines cancellation policy covid, no change or cancellation fees shall apply for flights booked by March 31, 2021. The airline will transfer the refund in the form of travel credit in the wallet for your future trips. You can apply for credit to book flights in the next six months for dates up to 9 months in the future. For other flights, you can make modifications to your bookings 60 or more days in advance. However, if you change a flight 15 to 59 days before the scheduled flight departure, you have to pay $39. For changing a flight 7 to 14 days before departure, the fee is $59 and $79 for changes made six days before departure.
Contact the customer care team of Spirit Airlines for cancellation and refund requests
Flyers can seek travel assistance via Spirit Airlines Español Teléfono when canceling a ticket offline. The flight representative will guide you and help you resolve your flight cancellation and refund issues. You can also request them to cancel a booking on your behalf and apply for a refund simultaneously.
What is the process of canceling a flight ticket on Spirit Airlines via the site?
Flyers can make modifications anytime before the flight departure and customize their tickets as per the travel plans. When thinking of canceling a ticket, opt for the online flight cancellation process because it is easy and time-saving. Through the Manage Trips feature, you can submit an online flight cancellation request and meet your travel requirements in the best possible manner.
Here are the following request that you need to follow while canceling a Spirit flight online –
- On the Spirit Airlines official site, choose the Manage My Booking button to cancel your ticket.
- Mention your last name and flight reference code on the required fields.
- Once your itinerary details appear on the screen, choose the flight you want to cancel online.
- Now hit the next button.
- After applying for flight cancellation, you can also fill an online refund request form.
- Go to the payment page and, if asked, pay the flight cancellation fees. The cancellation penalty will entirely be based on Spirit Airlines cancellation policy.
- Confirm your flight cancellation request after reviewing the changes you made to your itinerary.
- You will receive mail regarding your canceled flight status from the customer care team.
In case you don’t get a mail within a few hours, get back to the flight representative and address your issue. The concerned person will tell you if your flight cancellation request is confirmed or pending.
Can you cancel a Spirit flight for free?
Spirit Airlines cancellation policy states that you can cancel a ticket within 24 hours of the point of purchase for free. If you follow the guidelines of the airline’s 24-hour cancellation policy, you can apply for a penalty-free cancellation. Once your ticket is canceled, you can claim a full refund by filing an online refund request form. All you have to do is visit the airline’s official site and search for the refund form, then mention the elaborated reason for your cancellation.
Moreover, if your reason for cancellation is genuine and unavoidable, the airline will not charge a cancellation fee. But you need to submit a valid certificate like a death certificate or medical report in case the reason is among these.
Other Article Post: