Canceling a flight reservation is hectic and time-consuming, and most airlines charge a large sum of money as a penalty. They offer a very little refund of the canceled flight and take more time to initiate a refund. However, Southwest Airlines doesn’t create a financial burden on its passengers and help them meet their travel requirements. It offers three different fare types, including Business Select, Anytime, and Wanna Get Away. Flyers can earn up to six rapid reward points per dollar with
Wanna Get Away fares. After canceling the flight, they can get their money back as travel credit or refund in the original payment mode.
Before moving further, let’s first learn about the Wanna Get Away fares in detail.
What is Wanna Get Away fare?
These are the lowest ticket, and non-refundable fares used to book Southwest Airlines tickets for personal travel needs. The rules for these tickets are comparatively tighter regarding flight cancellations and refunds than other fare types. For instance, on canceling a Wanna Get Away fare purchased with cash or credit card, the entire ticket will be saved as reusable funds. You can use the credit for future travel needs, and one can cancel the ticket an hour before the departure. The validity of each fund can be used within one of the issue dates of the Southwest Airlines tickets. When you call on the helpline number, the team will reinstate the expired travel funds for a fee of $100.
KeyPoints on Southwest Cancellation Policy of Wanna Get Away Fares
Passengers with a wanna get away ticket must be aware of the following points when canceling the tickets.
- Wanna Get Away fares are non-refundable but can be applied towards the travel needs of the passengers with original tickets.
- If you cannot apply for the non-refundable ticket for future travel, the airline will waive off the full amount.
- Lower fares may or may not be available.
- These ticket fares are subject to change until the bookings are made and are available only for a limited time.
- When flyers cancel a Wanna Get Away fare purchased with Rewards points, they get all the points into their account. $5.60 each way on domestic flights associated with the ticket is reusable for future trips.
- If you don’t cancel your Wanna Get Away flight ticket within 10 minutes of the departure, or you don’t show up, no refunds shall apply.
Do Southwest Airlines have a 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
Passengers can get a full refund on canceling Southwest Airlines tickets via an app, site, or phone call within 24 hours of the original purchase. The 24-hour policy includes all fare types like Wanna Get Away. You can claim a full refund to the original payment mode or accept the refund as travel funds for future trips. This happens when you cancel the ticket within 254 hours or do not show up at the airport. Contact the team if tickets are purchased using a gift card or a LUV voucher and canceled within 24 hours.
Can I get a refund on Southwest Wanna Get Away tickets?
Flyers can download the mobile app, head to its official site, or talk to the representative to request a refund. As per the Southwest Airlines refund policy, a full refund shall apply on refund requests of Wanna Get Away tickets within 24 hours of the booking. The airline will initiate the refund to the original payment mode within 7 to 14 working days. You can also convert the airfare into Travel Funds and use the same for booking future trips.
Southwest Related Post: