Know More Information About Jetblue Cancellation Policy & Refund Policy
JetBlue Airlines is one of the world’s largest airlines providing top-notch services and additional travel assistance to its customers. Sometimes, due to uncertain changes in travel plans, it becomes challenging to customize flight tickets last minute before the departure. Therefore, JetBlue Airlines allows passengers to cancel a flight reservation within 24 hours of the initial purchase for free.
With the help of the Manage Trips feature, one can cancel their Jetblue booking and request extra services online in a few clicks. Otherwise, get in touch with the flight representative and ask him to cancel a reservation on your behalf.
Jetblue Cancellation Policy Covid Guidelines
JetBlue Airlines has made certain changes to its flight cancellation policy due to Covid-19. If you have made JetBlue booking up to June 7, 2021, you can change or cancel your tickets for free. However, for tickets purchased on or after June 8, 2021:
- There are no cancellation charges for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint fares if you cancel your tickets at least one day before the departure.
- Blue Basic ticket fares are eligible for flight cancellation fees:
- i) For flights flying within the United States, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America, the airline imposes a fee of USD 100.
- ii) The additional fee for all other flights is USD 200.
Does JetBlue Airlines have a 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
Like most US airlines, passengers are entitled to cancel a reservation within 24 hours of the original booking for free. After meeting the Jetblue refund policy 24 hours requirements, flyers can claim a full refund of their canceled flights. The flight cancellation depends on the flight length, type of ticket, and a person’s eligibility. There are various ways to manage your tickets, from web and phone call services. Therefore, if you want to eliminate the cancellation penalty, ensure to cancel your reservations way soon after the flight departure.
How do I cancel a flight reservation online on JetBlue Airlines?
As per Jetblue cancel flight policy, passengers can cancel their trip and apply for a refund depending on their fare. By following these simple steps, one can easily and quickly cancel their booked flight ticket on their smartphone.
- Go to the JetBlue Airlines official site on your web browser and log into your account.
- Tap on the Manage My Trips button.
- Enter your last name and flight confirmation number of six digits.
- Click on the Find My Flight section, and your itinerary details will appear on the screen.
- You will see two options, Jetblue change flight/cancel flight; choose one depending on your travel requirements.
- Choose the flight you are willing to cancel and tap on the Continue button.
- Review the changes before confirming the flight cancellation process.
- Head to the payment page, pay the penalty depending on the Jetblue flight cancellation policy.
- At last, you will receive a flight cancellation confirmation mail from the airline.
For additional assistance on a cancellation or any other issue, speak to the flight representative by availing their customer care services.
What is Jetblue Refund Policy?
- As per the Jetblue cancellation policy, passengers who have purchased non-refundable tickets can cancel their reservations before departure.
- When someone cancels a ticket within 24 hours of the original purchase, they can claim a full refund.
- If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you will get the refund in the form of credit minus the cancellation fees. You can use the value for your future trips.
- Anyone can cancel their JetBlue booking at any time before the flight departure by filing an online refund request form.
- If you don’t show up at the airport, your ticket will not be changed or canceled, and no refunds shall apply.
- JetBlue Airlines will transfer the new value to the flyer’s account when they cancel their tickets purchased using the miles.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation Fee Structure
JetBlue flight cancellation fees depend on the destination, flight length, and ticket fare type. Under the cancellation policy of jetblue airlines, the cancellation penalty is divided into four fares, including Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Basic, and Blue Extra.
- If the flight fare is $200 or more, then you have to pay $200 as a flight cancellation fee.
- For fares ranging between $150 and $200, the airline imposes $150 flight cancellation charges.
- The penalty is $100 for flight fares between $100 to $149.
- If your flight fare is below $100, then you have to pay $75 for canceling per ticket.
The airline waives off the cancellation fee for flyers meeting all the conditions of the Jetblue refund policy 24 hours. If you face any trouble while canceling your booking, talk to the live person and seek instant help. You can either call them, send an email, or join the live chat session for the same.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Flight Tickets
- Flyers who have booked non-refundable tickets around February 28, 2021, can cancel the ticket after the risk-free period. After canceling the ticket, the airline will provide an e-credit for future trips till 18 months from the date of cancellation.
- As per the JetBlue cancellation policy, the airline will cancel your booking if you don’t show up at the airport. Also, there will be no refunds for the canceled tickets.
- On canceling a ticket bought using true blue points, the airline will transfer the credit to the original payment mode.
- Refundable tickets might be expensive, but they are applicable for any changes or cancellations before the scheduled flight departure.
Can a member of Mosaic cancel a JetBlue flight?
JetBlue Airlines allows mosaic members to cancel a flight reservation without paying an additional fee. However, if you want to be a mosaic member, you must collect 15,000 points in a year. Moreover, one can also fly 30 segments and have 12,000 points in a year.
Does JetBlue offer additional perks to Blue extra members?
A Blue extra is another name for refundable tickets, and it allows a flyer to cancel a ticket anytime before departure. JetBlue cancellation policy states that when you cancel a refundable ticket 24 hours before departure, you can cancel a ticket for free. However, if you are a Blue Basic ticket holder, you are not applicable for any kind of ticket refund.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation via a Phone Call
Canceling a ticket via a phone call is the standard way to meet travel requirements. Some passengers might not deal with the online flight cancellation process, so a phone call is the safest option. Dial toll-free helpline number 800-538-2583 and speak with the flight representative regarding your flight cancellation request. Once your flight is canceled, you can request the concerned person to tell you your refund status.