If you have booked a flight ticket on United Airlines and need to change or cancel your flight reservation without a fee, you have come to the right place.
United Airlines is very much flexible in allowing its flyers to change or cancel their flight tickets due to last-minute changes in travel plans. The airline may or may not charge a fee depending on the fulfillment of the airline’s policies by the passenger. Anyone can upgrade the flight information of their tickets online by using United Airlines manage booking feature. They can even call on the customer care phone number and ask the executive to make flight changes on their behalf.
United Airlines charges $200 to change or cancel domestic flights, and it can go up to $400 for international flights. For same-day flight changes, the airline charges $75 and waives this fee for MileagePlus members, Gold, Platinum, and 1K members.
Now, here are the following tips that you can follow to change or cancel your United airlines booking without a fee.
- 24-hour Policy – United Airlines allows its passengers to make flight changes or even cancel a booked flight ticket within 24 hours of the initial purchase without paying an additional fee. If you have made a United Airlines booking and you are not sure whether you will be able to take the flight on the scheduled departure date and time, think not twice and follow the 24-hour policy.
- Earn an Elite Status – Being an Elite member has its own perks. For instance, the airline allows flight changes and cancellations for free to the members. Besides this, they also get priority flight boarding and standby priority.
- Join a travel waiver – United Airlines offers travel waivers when they expect flight delays and cancellations in large numbers. In such a situation, if a passenger uses a travel waiver, he or she can change or cancel their United Airlines booking for free. On the airline’s official site, you can see the option of a travel waiver at the top of the page. However, everyone is not eligible for a travel waiver. The airline emails the passengers if they are eligible for a travel waiver, so keep an eye on your mail for this opportunity.
- Consider booking one-way flights and not round-trip – If you are unsure of your travel plans, do not book a round-trip flight. Instead, book a one-way flight on which you can easily get reimbursement for your canceled flight.
- Plead your case – Travel plans can’t be static in nature. Sometimes, uncertain things happen that one cannot board his/her scheduled flight. The airline accepts the legit reasons, such as someone’s death in the family, serious illness, accidents, etc, and allows passengers to change or cancel their United Airlines booking for free.
Now that you are aware of the tips of making free flight changes or cancellations. You can enjoy their flexible flight upgrades on United airlines book a flight option.
How can I cancel my flight online on United Airlines?
Passengers can cancel their booking by availing the 24 hour United Airlines cancellation policy without paying the cancellation charges. Through the Manage My Trips feature, anyone can conveniently cancel their booking within 24 hours of the purchase and also claim a refund.
Here are the following steps that are required to cancel a flight reservation on United Airlines –
- First, go to the airline’s official website and log in to your account by filling in your right credentials.
- Click on the ‘My Trips’ button.
- Fill in your last name and flight confirmation number of six digits.
- You will see your itinerary details on the screen; choose the flight to cancel online.
- In the next step, select the ‘Cancel Flight’ option.
- Review the changes and once you are sure, hit the next button.
- If you are an eligible customer, you don’t have to pay the flight cancellation fees. However, if you cancel your ticket after 24 hours of booking, the portal will show you a cancellation fee which you can’t refuse to pay.
- At last, you will receive a cancellation confirmation on your registered email address.
What are the United Airlines Flight Cancellation Fees?
- There is a cancellation fee of $125 on canceling a ticket within 30 days of the scheduled flight departure. However, if you are an elite member, you can refuse to pay the cancellation charges.
- Flyers who have purchased a Basic Economy ticket cannot cancel their tickets after 24 hours of the original booking. The airline will deduct the cancellation fee and service tax and transfer the remaining money as travel vouchers with one-year validity.
- As per the United Airlines cancellation policy, you have to pay $200 for canceling a non-refundable domestic flight ticket and $400 for international. The cancellation fee also depends on the travel class and ticket type chosen by a flyer.
- There is no penalty for canceling a refundable flight ticket within the grace period.
- The cancellation fee may vary in case you have an award flight ticket.
Feel free to reach out to the airline’s customer care team and address your cancellation or refund issue. The executive will help you resolve the problem by offering hand-to-hand solutions.
See More Related Post Below –