Did you find out that you made a spelling error on your Delta ticket and now wish to make modifications? If yes, don’t worry; our team will guide you towards making risk-free flight upgrades before departure.
Delta Airlines always ensures to help flyers in meeting travel requirements in the most effective manner. The team resolves the flight change matters and gives hand-to-hand assistance while upgrading a booked ticket. If you have made mistakes on your Delta Airlines booking, you can change the ticket information.
Guidelines on Delta Airlines name change policy
If you have made a spelling mistake on Delta Airlines booking, there are a few things that you must know.
- Flyers can visit the nearest airport customer service counter or self-kiosk to change the name on the ticket.
- Dial the toll-free 860-579-6800 number and speak with the customer care team to make name corrections while sitting at your home.
- As per the Delta name change policy, the executive will correct the first and middle name and reissue a ticket.
- There is a limit of a minimum of three characters to make changes in the last name.
- Delta Airlines charges an extra fee between $75 to $500 to make name corrections on a booked flight ticket.
- Flyers can change the last name when married or divorced, and you must have relevant documents required for verification.
- You cannot change the last name from Sr. to Jr or vice versa.
- You are not allowed to transfer your Delta ticket to another passenger, even if they are family.
How to change the name on the Delta Airlines flight ticket?
The Delta team gives full flexibility to the flyers while making changes on the ticket. Suppose you have unwillingly made a spelling mistake, you can meet the Delta Airlines ticket name change policy requirements.
For making online flight changes, flyers can follow the given below steps –
- First, open your web browser and head to the airline’s official site.
- Click on the Manage My Trips section.
- In the next step, fill in your last name and flight booking number in the given fields.
- Hit the Next button.
- You will see the itinerary details on the screen and make the necessary changes as per the trip plans.
- Select the flight on which you want to make modifications.
- After selecting the flight, click on the Edit button.
- A new window will pop up on the screen where you have to change your personal and trip details.
- Select name change on Delta flight.
- After changing the name on the ticket, click on the Confirm button.
- In the final step, you can print the new flight ticket with the correct name details.
If you have any query or are facing trouble while changing the name on the ticket, dial Delta Airlines telefono 1860-579-6800.
Can I fly with the wrong name on Delta Ticket?
As per the Delta name change policy and TSA rules, no one can fly with a wrong name. The name on the boarding pass must match with the name on the valid ID card issued by the government. You cannot enter the flight before going through the screening against the government list and then will be approved. If they find something odd or against the rules and regulations, they hold the right to stop you from flying. However, it is always better to contact the team via Delta Airlines telefono, even if the deadline is over.
What are the charges for making a name correction on a Delta ticket?
Generally, there are no charges for making name changes within 24 hours of the original booking. Whether you need to change the full name or a single letter, you don’t have to pay any extra charges. However, for making changes after the grace period, the airline charges between $125 to $200 depending on the name changes. Therefore, it is always better to review the changes before confirming Delta Airlines booking and save the penalty.
Other Useful Related Links