It may be a real challenge to cancel a scheduled flight, especially when you have to bear the penalty. However, one can eliminate the additional charges by fulfilling the requirements of the Allegiant cancellation policy.
With the outbreak of a life-threatening virus, travelers have to cancel or reschedule their flight last minute before departure. There can be unavoidable situations when canceling a reservation seems an appropriate choice. Therefore, the airline provides 100% flexibility to modify bookings at any time before departure. To make your journey hassle-free, you can cancel your flight and claim a refund by paying the flight cancellation fee.
What is Allegiant Cancellation Policy?
Allegiant cancellation policy allows the eligible passengers to cancel a reservation within 24 hours of the initial purchase for free. However, if you cancel your tickets after 24 hours, the airline charges a cancellation fee, depending on the fare type. After deducting the penalty and service tax, they will transfer the remaining amount to the original payment mode. The refund might be in the form of travel credit transferred in the wallet to book future trips tickets. However, no refunds will be given if you fail to cancel your tickets a week before the departure.
Allegiant Airlines flight cancellation fee
Anyone can avoid paying the penalty by canceling Allegiant airlines tickets within 24 hours of the initial booking. However, if you cancel your flight after the grace period, you will have to pay a cancellation fee of $75. On the other hand, if your flight is delayed or canceled, you can claim a refund without any cancellation fee.
Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy: Cancellations of bookings with or without Trip Flex
- With Trip Flex – Flyers can cancel a flight if they purchased a Trip Flex and apply for Allegiant change flights. It includes modifying the travel date, destination, etc. but for once only. The trip flex ticket cost between $8 to $20 per person, depending on the ticket fare, class, and destination. If there is a change in travel plans, you can postpone the booking without paying the flight cancellation fee. You can change the ticket one hour before the scheduled departure and 72 hours before buying hotel packages.
- Without TripFlex – If you haven’t purchased a ticket with TripFlex and cancel the ticket, you will have to pay the additional charges. The cancellation fee will depend on the travel class and ticket fare. Simultaneously, the refund will be transferred as travel credit for future trips as per the Allegiant refund policy.
How to cancel a flight reservation on Allegiant Airlines?
As per the Allegiant flight cancellation policy, only eligible passengers can apply for a risk-free cancellation. At the same time, they can apply for a full refund by filing an online refund request form. You can cancel your flight within a few clicks while sitting at your home by following these simple steps.
- On the Allegiant Airlines official site, tap on the Manage Trips button.
- Fill in your name and flight reference code of six digits.
- Click on the Find Trips button.
- After that, click on the Cancel Flight option and choose the flight you want to cancel.
- Now, hit the cancel booking tab and press the Continue button.
- In the next step, you will get a confirmation mail from the dedicated customer care team.
Allegiant Cancellation Policy Due to Covid -19
In accordance with the Covid-19, flyers can change or cancel a flight reservation without paying any additional fees. The airline will send a travel voucher which you can use for future trips but not refund money. However, if you have booked tickets through a third party, contact them directly as the airline doesn’t have to do anything with it.
- As per the Allegiant cancellation policy, all the travel vouchers provided before April 10, 2020, are valid for one year from the booking date.
- Credit vouchers provided after April 10, 2020, have two-year validity from the original booking date.
- All the credit vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- No cancellation fees shall apply on Trip Flex tickets.
- On purchasing non-trip flex tickets after midnight on May 1, 2021, you can cancel a ticket for USD 25 per person/segment.
- Flyers who have purchased non-trip flex tickets before 11:59 pm on April 30, 2021, can cancel their booking without penalty.
- You can contact the customer care team to seek assistance on bookings made with a hotel, car, or voucher. If you cannot get through the flight representative through a phone call, consider sending an email.
- Passengers must know that the airport ticket counter staff will not make any flight upgrades on your behalf.
- No refunds are applicable on booking canceled within seven days before the scheduled flight departure.
- No refunds shall be given for no-shows, cancellations made past cut-off times, or fare differences after purchase of a ticket.
Contact Allegiant Airlines Customer Care Team for Cancellations
Allegiant Airlines ensures complete flexibility to the flyers and helps them when they change or cancel a ticket. If you face any issues or have any doubts regarding the cancellation requests, speak to the flight representative. The customer care service is available 24/7 for passengers irrespective of their ticket type and travel class.
Read More Article Links: