Have you committed any error on the Air France flight ticket while booking one? And now you need to change it because the name of the passenger should match exactly with any of the government issued id. Well, with Air France name change procedure, it is possible.
Air France, the flag carrier of France, provides the most comforting journeys to passengers. Also, the airline is efficient not only in onboard services. Rather, when it comes to some of the offboard facilities, such as assistance while booking or managing your flight, Air France plays a great job.
Does Air France Allow Name Change?
Yes. So, you do not need to panic if you have mentioned your name incorrectly on the Air France flight ticket. Just read the blog carefully and learn how you can change your name.
What is Air France Name Correction Policy?
According to the Air France name correction policy, you can change the name, middle name, or last name on the flight ticket. Also, these are the points that come under the name correction guideline of Air France:
- You cannot change the name of the passenger completely on an Air France ticket.
- If you have to change the ownership of the ticket, you need to go for an Air France flight cancellation.
- Your first and last name on the Air France ticket should match the name on your passport.
- You need to present supporting documents in case of any legal name change that might include:
- Marriage certificates
- Court Order
- Divorce decree
- Legal affidavit for the name change
- While titles and middle names are not necessary for flying within Europe, if they are included on the ticket, they must be shown in the same order as they are on a photo ID.
- For flights from and to destinations outside of Europe, the request must be made up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- On the other hand, if you have to change the date of birth, gender, or title, it will not come under the name correction policy.
- If you have already checked in, you will not be able to make ay correction further.
This was all about the name correction policy of Air France. Let us head towards the process for name correction.
How to Change Name from Ticket?
To make Air France change passenger name or if you have made any typo error in the first or last, or both names, you need to get access to your flight booking. Follow the below-given steps to make corrections:
Online Name Change Process:
- Visit the Air France official website.
- After that, you have to go to my booking section.
- Then, enter the last name of the passengers and the flight booking number in the relevant fields.
- Choose the booking that needs name correction.
- After that, you have to click on the tab ‘correct passenger’s name.
- Now, enter the correct name in the field required.
- Finally, complete the process by making a payment.
- In the end, do not forget to check your mail to get confirmation that your correct name has been updated on the ticket.
Change Passenger Name via call:
- Dial the Air France customer service number +1-800-237-2747 if you are someone who has mentioned your name incorrectly on an Air France ticket.
- Now, carefully listen to the IVR options carefully and click on the right digit to choose your preferred language.
- After that, you can speak to the Air France live person directly.
- Here, you can share your details, such as the name of the passenger and the flight booking number.
- Furthermore, the airline person will follow the procedure as required.
So, you are just a call away if you have to change your name on the Air France flight ticket.
What are the Air France Name Change fees?
If you are thinking about how much you need to pay to change your name, then you must go through the following points:
- Customers need to pay some Air France name change fee if they have to make a new correction o the flight ticket.
- If you have Economy Basic or Economy Opti fare, your cannot change your name.
- On the other hand, if you have an Economy Flexi fare, you need to pay 200 USD to change your name on an Air France ticket.
- And customers with Business class ticket need to pay 150 USD.
If you want to know the exact charges for your name change on Air France tickets, you can call on the Air France customer service number.
Air France FAQS
Can I change the name on the Air France ticket?
Yes, you can. Customers might make mistakes while entering names at the booking. S, you have a fair chance of correcting it so that it matches your passport exactly.
How much do I need to pay for Air France to change the name on a ticket?
For the Economy Flexi price, the Air France change fee is 200 USD. The name modifications and corrections do not apply to the Economy Basic fare or Economy Opti fare. The Biz Saver fare for business class is $150 USD.